1. In these terms and conditions the term “Exhibitor” means the entity on whose behalf this contract is signed and includes all employees or agents of the Exhibitor. The term “Exhibition” means the exhibition described on the reverse hereof. “The Organisers” means F&E LLC FZE (PO Box 371 391, Dubai, United Arab Emirates). The Organisers may assign the benefit and delegate the burden of this order/ contract to any subsidiary of Tarsus Group plc, the Organisers’ parent company.
2. In the case of partnerships and joint ventures howsoever described the Exhibitor is deemed to have obtained the consent of all the individual participants to all the conditions of this contract.
3. When payments for space are not made when due the Organisers reserve the right to charge interest on any overdue amounts at 2% above the Base Rate set by Barclays Bank plc in London, to forfeit any deposit paid to the Organisers, and to re-allocate the relevant space. Any loss incurred by the Organisers arising from such re-allocation must be paid by the Exhibitor.
4. Applications for space must contain details of the proposed exhibit or exhibits and the names of any other company represented by the Exhibitor whose products are to be shown on the stand or whose services are to be referred to on the stand.
5. The charge for space is exclusive of VAT or other sales taxes, which (if applicable) will be charged in addition at the appropriate rate.
6. The Organisers shall have full power to determine in every respect the allocation of areas and the position of space and they shall be entitled for any reason which in their sole opinion is in the best interests of the Exhibition to vary the general layout of the Exhibition or the situation and area of any particular stand even if already allocated and the Exhibitor shall accept any such new allotment of space in substitution for that originally allocated.
7. Upon receipt by the Organisers of this form duly signed by the Exhibitor a contract shall arise between the Organisers and the Exhibitor on the terms set out herein (subject to variation as specified herein) and the relationship of licensor and licensee shall immediately arise and continue between the Organisers and the Exhibitor. In case of non- payment of any sum due or any breach or non-observance of any of these terms and conditions by the Exhibitor the Organisers shall be entitled to revoke the said license and to re-enter upon the allocated space and may remove and exclude the Exhibitor from the Exhibition without prejudice to the Organisers’ right to recover all monies payable hereunder, all damages sustained by the Organisers and any other monies which may properly be claimed against the Exhibitor hereunder.
8. The Exhibitor (as all other exhibitors) shall occupy the space allocated to him by 8.00am on the day prior to the opening of the Exhibition. In the event of default in this respect from any cause whatsoever the organisers reserve the right to charge the Exhibitor a further sum by way of liquidated damages equal to the total amount payable by the Exhibitor for the allocated space and the Organisers shall have the right to deal with the space in any way they think best in the overall interests of the Exhibition.
9. In the event of the Exhibitor (being an individual) committing an act of bankruptcy or (being a limited company) being wound up the contract with the Exhibitor shall be determined and all monies already paid by the Exhibitor shall be retained by the Organisers.
10. The Exhibitor may not assign, sublet or grant sublicenses in respect of any part of the space allocated to him nor may advertisements of firms who are not bona fide exhibitors be exhibited on any stand. Only those products or services of those companies mentioned on the application form may be displayed on or incorporated in the stand. The Exhibitor will be fully responsible for the cost of restoring to its original condition any part of the land, space or structure occupied by him which has been altered or damaged in any way.
11. The Exhibitor shall be exclusively responsible for obtaining any such visas as may be required to enable him, his servants, agents, representatives, invitees, or others to attend the Exhibition and in no event shall there be any claim for damages or otherwise against the Organisers in respect of any loss or expense relating thereto.
12. Except in the case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of the Organisers or their staff, the Organisers will not be held responsible for injury to or safety of the Exhibitor’s staff or guests, nor for loss, damage or destruction of any property of the Exhibitor or of the Exhibitor’s staff or guests.
13. The Exhibitor will be liable for and will indemnify the organisers against third party claims arising from exhibits / products displayed on his own stand, or from stand fittings used on his own stand, or otherwise arising from activities conducted by him at his own stand. The exhibitor will also be liable for physical loss or damage to his shell scheme stand. As the Organisers will accept no responsibility for any of the matters aforesaid, the Exhibitors must cover themselves by insurance in respect thereof to any extent available.
14. Exhibitors not displaying Aircraft shall take out and maintain public liability insurance against personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property for a limit of indemnity not less than $2,000,000 US dollars (or its equivalent). The Organisers shall be entitled to inspect such public liability policy which the Exhibitor shall make available on request by the Organisers.
15. Exhibitors displaying aircraft at the Exhibition shall take out and maintain public liability insurance against personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property for a limit of indemnity not less than $50,000,000 US dollars (or its equivalent). F&E LLC FZE and Tarsus Group plc, as organisers and Dubai Airports Corporation must be added as additional insured parties as set out in the Exhibitors Manual for the Exhibition. The Organisers shall be entitled to inspect such public liability policy which the Exhibitor shall make available on request by the Organisers.
16. The Exhibitor shall have no claim against the Organisers for loss, damages or compensation arising from the prevention, postponement or abandonment of the Exhibition for reasons beyond the Organisers’ control (“force majeure”). Events of force majeure shall include but shall not be limited to war, terrorist action, national emergency, civil unrest, labour disputes, SARS or other epidemic, act of government or other government agency, closure or cessation of airline services, or a building becoming unavailable as a result of fire, storm, tempest, lightning or other Act of God. If, in the opinion of the Organisers, by re-arrangement or postponement of the period of the Exhibition, or by substitution of another venue, hall or building, or by any other reasonable means, the Exhibition can be carried through, the contracts for space shall remain binding upon the parties, except as to the size and position, as to which any modification, substitution, or re-arrangement shall be determined by the Organisers in their sole discretion.
17. Stands must be properly manned and exhibits displayed during all the time the Exhibition is open to visitors. No exhibits may be removed before the end of the Exhibition without the prior written permission of the Organisers which permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances. All exhibits and stand fitting materials must be removed from the Exhibition venue within the period stipulated by the Organisers. The Exhibitor shall indemnify the Organisers against any loss occasioned by reason of delay in such removal and against any damage to the Exhibition venue occasioned by such removal.
18. The Organisers reserve the right to make an additional charge to the Exhibitor equal to any amount charged to the Organisers for any services supplied for the benefit of the Exhibitor, whether specifically ordered or not. The Organisers accept no responsibility for breakdown or failure of any of the services provided for or in connection with the Exhibition.
19. Without prejudice to the rights and remedies of the Organisers in respect of any breach of this contract on the part of the Exhibitor the Organisers may at their discretion allow the Exhibitor to withdraw from the Exhibition or to reduce the size of his stand subject to the following conditions:-
(a) the Exhibitor must give written notice to the Organisers that he desires to withdraw or to reduce the size of his stand and if the Organisers allow such withdrawal or reduction in stand size they will notify the Exhibitor of their decision in writing;
(b) any such notification by the Organisers to the Exhibitor will constitute a cancellation of this contract subject to the payment by the Exhibitor to the Organisers of a consideration for release from the contract
(c) the amount of such payment will be specified in the Organisers notification to the Exhibitor and will be that proportion of the space rental payable under the contract which is specified below:
Date of Receipt by Organisers of Notice Proportion of Space Rental Payable %
of Withdrawal / Reduction of Stand Size
On or before 30 November 2017 50%
After 30 November 2017 100%
Any reduction of Stand size will incur liability for a percentage of the full cancellation charge (as determined in accordance with this Clause 19(c)) but equal to the percentage by which the space is reduced.
(d) upon payment of such amount to the Organisers by the Exhibitor this contract shall be cancelled and neither party shall have any further claim against the other. The Organisers will repay to the Exhibitor any amounts received from the Exhibitor in excess of the cancellation charge.
20. The Organisers reserve the right to alter, add to, or amend any non-material provisions of this contract in the interests of administrative efficiency. The decision of the Organisers in this respect shall be final. No alteration, addition, amendment, or waiver of these conditions shall operate to release the Exhibitor from his contract.
21. Particular attention is drawn to the relevant safety standards which must be strictly observed for any exhibits involving lasers or radioactive materials, or which might cause or emit noxious fumes, or which make use of or display any other materials which may involve a danger to the health or safety of any person. No such materials may be brought into the Exhibition without the prior agreement in writing of the Organisers. The exhibitor hereby indemnifies the Organisers against any claims, demands or proceedings arising from the use or display of such materials.
22. Exhibitors agree to observe the same conditions of tenancy as are accepted by the Organisers in their agreement with the venue owners and in particular to refrain from doing anything contrary to the licences of the authorities or the fire insurance policies covering the venue. An Exhibitor shall not cut or damage floor or other parts of the walls or structure of the venue nor shall any stand interior fittings be attached to the roof, floor or other part of the venue without the prior consent in writing of the Organisers. Any exhibitor causing any damage to the venue or to any person whomsoever must pay for the same and hold the Organisers indemnified against the same.
23. In the event of the Exhibitor or his representatives or employees conducting themselves on the Exhibition premises in such a manner as may be considered by the Organisers or any of their duly authorised officers to be objectionable or likely to cause obstruction they shall be expelled forthwith from the venue and shall not be permitted to return during the remainder of the Exhibition. If the Organisers consider that the Exhibitor is conducting himself in a manner such as may make it probable that persons doing business with the Exhibitor may be dissatisfied or that discredit may be brought upon the Exhibition, the Organisers may, by notice in writing to the Exhibitor, forthwith terminate his licence to occupy his stand but without prejudice to any other rights or remedies which the Organisers may have against the Exhibitor and in particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, shall be entitled to retain all monies paid by the Exhibitor and to receive all monies which may at the date of such termination remain unpaid and due to the Organisers.
24. The Exhibitor shall in all cases comply with all requirements of the fire insurance officers and other authorities concerned with the venue and its protection. The Exhibitor shall be responsible for ensuring that each attendant or employee on the stand is acquainted with the position and use of fire extinguishers in the venue and knows the position of the nearest fire alarm.
25. In no circumstances shall the Exhibitor have or permit on his stand naked lights or oil lamps, explosives or articles of a dangerous, inflammable or objectionable nature, nor may temporary gas or electrical fittings be used in the venue without written permission of the Organisers and the venue owners and the authorised representative of either may remove any such article from the venue.
26. No cinematographic, photographic, film, radio, television or any other apparatus which reproduces the words or actions of performers may be used in the venue unless the consent in writing of the Organisers is first obtained, and if such consent be given the Exhibitor must observe and comply with such conditions as the Organisers shall impose and with all the regulations of the venue owners and other authorities of which Exhibitors are deemed to have notice and will be bound thereby.
27. No demonstration of exhibits may take place of a nature likely to cause obstruction in the gangway or interference with the business of other exhibitors. The Organisers reserve the right to stop any demonstration without incurring any liability for any loss sustained by the Exhibitor. No exhibitor shall conduct a competition, or offer prizes, unless written permission has been obtained from the Organisers.
28. An Exhibitors Manual will be issued to the Exhibitor containing detailed instructions for the organisation of the Exhibition. Further rules and regulations will be found therein, which rules and regulations shall be deemed to form part of this contract and shall be binding on the Exhibitor. Additionally, the Organisers may at any time make further rules and regulations, having immediate effect, in relation to any aspect of the Exhibition.
29. The Organisers cannot accept any complaint or claim against them unless it is submitted in writing to the address set out below within two weeks of the closing date of the Exhibition.
30. This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any claims and disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts or (in the sole discretion of the Organisers) of the courts of the country of the Exhibitor.